Meet Lee Stuckey
Lee Stuckey saves more people before 9am than most people do all day. Okay, not really, but he did triage three civilians who were in a horrible car wreck earlier this year. Two of the car’s occupants were thrown out 50 feet while going over 70 mph. Lee was the first on the scene and being a responsible jarhead, he took care of them for over an hour until EMTs and Life Flight took the victims away. The way he puts it, “I almost put them in my car and evacuated them myself! I hadn’t even finished a half a cup of coffee yet.” That’s one reason we like him.
Another is his drive to develop MMA as therapy for PTSD. After a nasty encounter with an IED, he was stationed at Camp Lejeune’s Warrior Transition Center where he saw too many combat Marines slide down the slippery slope of depression and alcoholism. He rounded them up and got them into a gym where the intensity of the workouts helped them relax and sleep peacefully, a major accomplishment for those suffering from insomnia and nightmares.
Lee is also an unapologetic redneck and has pushed us to develop a line called just that – Unapologetically Redneck. We’re not crazy about it either.
Ranger Up is proud to sponsor a good ole boy from GREENBOW, ALABAMA…Marine Lieutenant Lee Stuckey. Oorah!
Join TRD on Facebook
- I Have PTSD…So What? 265 comments | 13,290 views | by Rob
- I Wrote This 210 comments | 57,779 views | by Nick
- The Curious Case of Staff Sergeant Parsons 173 comments | 110,256 views | by Jack Mandaville
- Rangerpalooza I 111 comments | 300 views | by admin
- An Atheist Chaplain??? 111 comments | 189 views | by Rob
- On Newtown. On Guns. 106 comments | 21,733 views | by Nick
- Fast Food Workers and the Slow Death of Hard Work 105 comments | 615 views | by Rob